RULES FOR 4th, 5th and 6th GRADES - BOYS AND GIRLS
· Games will be played by IHSSA rules (with exceptions below).
· Equal playing time for all kids. All kids should play a minimum of 16 minutes (the equivalent of ½ of the game).
· 10’ basket, 28.5” ball.
· 4 – 8 minute quarters with a three minute halftime.
· Continuous running clock except for an injury, timeout, free throws or the last two minutes of the game.
· 3 – 1 minute time outs per team.
· Substitutions can occur at any dead ball as long as they report to the scorer’s table first.
· Score to be kept on the board.
· 3-second lane violation (see 4th grade boys below).
· Full court press is allowed during the 2nd half only (see 4th grade boys below).
· Fast breaks are allowed only if your team is not up by 15 points or more.
· Zone defense is allowed (see 4th grade boys below).
· Double teams will be allowed below the free throw line extended from sideline to sideline.
· Traveling and double dribble will be called.
· Over and back of ½ court will be called
· Shooting fouls throughout the game will result in 2 free throws with the clock stopped.
· Each child has 5 fouls, on their 5th foul, the child will be fouled out of the game and unable to return.
4th GRADE BOYS EXCEPTIONS
· 5-second lane violation.
· NO ZONE DEFENSE!
· NO PRESS!
· Defense can pick up at the ¾ court line, however once the ball crosses this line, defense can be a full ½ court defense.
· ONLY man to man defense is allowed AND double teams are only allowed IN THE LANE.